25.11.10

These Pictures Make Me Smile

I just couldn’t resist posting these pictures and words of wisdom I got in an email from my Dad today.  I usually do not read these types of emails when I receive them other than from my Dad, as he always forwards me the Best of the Best.  It made me smile and feel good, for our little furry friends really do give so much to us.  I hope that it will put a smile on your face also!

clip_image001 
clip_image001[4]
clip_image001[6]

A Dog's Purpose?   (From a 6-year-old).
Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle. I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience. The next day I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly piped up ''I know why.''

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I try to live.
He said  “People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?''
The Six-year-old continued “Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.''

Live simply
Love generously
Care deeply
Speak kindly

ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY!

Patricia Gray Inc is an award winning Interior Design firm  in Vancouver, Canada who blogs about Lifestyle and WHAT'S HOT  in the world of Interior Design.
2010 © Patricia Gray | Interior Design Blog™

28 comments:

  1. Hahahaha...adorable...loe the last one. Have a great weekend lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest thing I have heard. So much wisdom for a wise little guy.
    Smile and Clancy enjoyed a great Thanksgiving and certainly appreciated the left overs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had pets all my life, and I believe that each one had a special purpose and a reason for being in my life. My two current pets, a cat named Kitty (wasn't going to keep her), and a 140lb lab mix named Henry who I found as a 7lb puppy chained to a cart return on parking lot, found me....I've got to believe that there are lessons I can learn from these two friends. Accepting their unconditional love has brought me joy , and I'm grateful for their brief sojourn through my life. I'll go wipe away my tear now! Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, i really needed a sweet, cute and light way to start my day.

    Thank you for putting a smile on my face with there pictures! :-)


    xo


    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, pets do bring so much joy frpm the very first moment.....the little boy's mind is truly touching!
    I guess they were close frinds.

    Take care,
    Ingela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne26/11/10

    The dogs are adorable! But I'm really missing your work! I haven't seen it in ages! Hope you'll be returning very soon.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was lovely - thank you for posting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monika26/11/10

    Hi Patricia.

    Thank you for the great dog pix> I had a smile on my face > sent you a funny one of my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Photos! Best, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures are adorable, and the story is beautiful. Our pets are filled with unconditional love for us, and they fill our hearts with so much happiness.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous30/11/10

    Hi this is one of the best post i have ever seen, keep posting thanks.

    Beth from West Palm Beach

    ReplyDelete
  12. The little pups could not be more adorable...and the story so sweet. Anyone who loves a pet will understand how wise that little boy is..thanks so much for this story, it is comforting. We just lost Ollie a few months ago and it's still a bit raw!

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    Thanks for the blog post. keep posting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Possibly the cutest pictures ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dog with the leaf in his mouth, I think I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is soooooo adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  17. P,
    this brought tears to my eyes.
    what a beautiful post.

    thank you XXX's

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww! They're all so adorable I just wanna adopt them especially that dog that has its seat belt on. Soooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sharon R21/12/10

    Fantastic dog post! It helps me ease my pain. Thank you.

    Sharon R

    ReplyDelete
  20. really amazing post.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. ha ha... so cute especially first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How sweet is he and how amazing that he sees life in such a caring and wise way. He is a credit to his parents and i love it. Thanks

    Ana Aguilar-Corney

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous29/7/11

    My goodness! The wisdom of that child is startling. I once had a 5 year old boy tell me his newly-born little sister couldn't speak yet because she was fresh from heaven and know too much. Fantastic. If only we could all live so magically, and honestly every day. Thanks for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. these dogs are not real, I'm falling in love

    ReplyDelete
  25. made me smile too. I love the dog asleep in the seat. so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable post. I love dog and I believe that each one had a special purpose and a reason for being in my life. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Patricia, I am so sorry to hear of Nicole's recent passing. Our beloved animals give such unconditional love to us. To honor them, I believe that the kindest thing we can do for them, when the time comes, is to allow them to pass with dignity and grace. May she rest in peace. XO

    ReplyDelete

Patricia Gray | Interior Design Blog™

I love to hear your comments and welcome your thoughts and feedback. Please use the comment form as a discussion format pertaining to the topic at hand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...